Claudia Ehrlicher, your private Dietitian in London



Registered Dietitian or Nutritional Therapist - what are the differences?

Registered Dietitian

Registered Dietitians are the only qualified health professionals that assess, diagnose and treat diet and nutrition problems at an individual and wider public health level. Dietitians use the most up to date public health and scientific research on food, health and disease, which they translate into practical guidance to enable people to make appropriate lifestyle and food choices. Dietitians are the only nutrition professionals to be statutorily regulated, and governed by an ethical code, to ensure that they always work to the highest standard.                                                                                                            The British Dietetic Association


Only those Dietitians registered with the Health Professions Council (HPC) can call themselves a Dietitian.


Nutritional Therapist

Anyone can call themselves a Nutritional Therapist. Nutritional Therapists do not have to be registered with a professional body.

A Which? investigation has found that some advice given by high street Nutritional Therapists could seriously harm patients' health.


Anyone who is worried about their health is advised to visit their GP, who can refer them to a registered dietitian for tailored, evidence based dietary advice.



for more information about the differences between Registered Dietitians and Nutritional Therapists or download the leaflet from the BDA:

Visit  to read the full Which? article.






For enquiries please contact me 07827 612 261 



check at: